Gambling addictions can include…
- Betting on sporting events
- Playing on-line poker
- Playing video poker
- Playing cards
- Betting on games of skill
- Buying lottery tickets
- Other activities
When a gambling addiction becomes habitual, leads to financial stress, disturbs everyday life functioning, or negatively impacts relationships, you are not alone, we can help. Shoreline Behavioral Health Services offers gambling addiction services at no cost.
- Think about gambling a great deal of your time?
- Lie about your gambling to others?
- Gamble while bills go unpaid?
- Borrow money to finance your gambling?
- Miss work because of your gambling?
- Feel depressed or even suicidal after you gamble?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have a gambling problem. If you or someone you love struggles with gambling behavior, please call us at (843) 365-8884 to set up an appointment.
These specialized services are available for individuals and families who are experiencing problems related to gambling addiction. Counselors have received extensive training in this area and provide a range of services to address the unique and critical needs of this population. Services include an individualized assessment and treatment plan for each individual.
Following the completion of services recommended in the treatment plan, referrals are made to continuing care groups as appropriate (e.g., the National Council on Problem Gambling, Gam-Anon and others).