If you need help for a substance use problem , please call us at this number. 843-365-8884
We have all been impacted by COVID-19 in some way or another. Whether it is the way you shop for groceries, send your kids to school or go to work, the way we do life is different. Anxiety and frustration are at an all-time high and we want you to know that Shoreline is open and here for you. Our staff have been wonderful and have been creative in the ways that they are reaching our clients. We continue to see clients daily through telehealth and in person appointments when needed. If you or someone you care about are suffering from a substance use disorder, please call us at 843-365-8884 and we will arrange for you to receive services.
COVID-19 has caused us to suspend walk-in appointments at our Wise Road building, but you are still able to call our office and be given a telehealth appointment time as soon as possible. Groups will resume in September but will be limited in the number of clients in order to adhere to the government guidelines and to keep our staff and clients safe.
Masks are required when you enter the building. Staff and clients are required to wear masks when in common areas such as the lobby and group rooms. Just as you’ve seen at local restaurants and stores, we have added plexiglass to where our front desk staff sit, and we have increased cleaning of high traffic areas such as the lobby and bathrooms. You’ll notice floor markers throughout the building showing six-foot distances to maintain in areas where we have more people and we will also be limiting the number of people in the lobby. Our number one priority is the safety of the clients we serve and our employees so we will be moving slowly in order to do what is best for everyone. If you or someone you know has a substance use disorder, please call us today. You are not alone. We can help!
Clients on Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) are a special priority for us because of the risk of accidental death due to overdose. Any client in need of medication in order to help with withdrawal from opioid drugs, please call us immediately. Shoreline continues to encourage anyone in need of Narcan to contact our office. Narcan is a lifesaving drug that can help reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Please call our office to find out how you can get Narcan. 843-365-8884
If you need additional support during this time here are some online recovery resources:
- Online/Virtual AA Meetings: https://twelvestepfellowship.com/
- Online/Virtual NA Meetings: https://virtual-na.org/meetings/
- Online/Virtual Al-anon Meetings: https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/
- In the Rooms hosts over one hundred live video meetings every week: https://www.intherooms.com/home/
- Smart Recovery, free, peer-led support and chat groups : https://www.smartrecovery.org/community/calendar.php?styleid=29; https://www.smartrecovery.org/
- Support Groups Central, virtual support groups on various mental health topics: https://www.supportgroupscentral.com/index.cfm#anc2
- Open to Hope, an online support forum where individuals share their stories and connect to others coping with grief and loss: https://www.opentohope.com/
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), offers an anonymous peer-to-peer online anxiety and depression support group: https://adaa.org/adaa-online-support-group
- The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html for tips on managing stress and anxiety.
- For tips on how to cope with COVID-19 and social isolation as a person in long-term recovery, visit https://www.shatterproof.org/blog/how-im-coping-covid-19-and-social-isolation-person-long-term-recovery.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Red Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio 1-866-628-9454
- Digital All Recovery Meetings unityrecovery.zoom.us/my/allrecovery
This page is updated often as new information is available. Please check it regularly for any updates. You can also get new information on our Facebook page. Don’t hesitate to call us at 843-365-8884 if you have any questions.